What is NZNWS?
The New Zealand Network for Women in Security (NZNWS) seeks to encourage the advancement and capacity of women and gender minorities involved in all aspects of the New Zealand security industry and community, through the exchange of information and the cultivation of productive relationships.
The primary objective of the NZNWS is to create a networking forum for women working in security across New Zealand. The NZNWS community includes all domains of security, including cybersecurity, physical security, information security, business continuity management, data protection & privacy, fraud investigation, among many others.
- As women are underrepresented in the tech sector, we believe to break that gap by increasing the number of women working in security
- We believe in supporting all women and allies in the security field in NZ
- We believe in working with partners that share similar values as ours
- We believe in supporting partners, who would like to help attract, retain and develop women in security
- We support initiatives that support equal opportunities for Māori and other minority groups in the NZ tech sector
- We support initiatives that encourage young girls and wahine to pursue STEAM careers
- We support women who are changing careers or upskilling to return to the tech sector
- We encourage NZNWS members to be good role models and offer mentorship and support to new talent in the security field